Monday, February 6, 2012

Time to flush out the old...

"And remember: with a little Rust-eze - and an insane amount of luck - you too can look like me. Ka-chow." - Lightning McQueen

As I get my plan together on exactly what to do first, I've decided to play a little and get Junior up and running well.

One of the things that I decided to do is give the ole radiator a good washing... Boy did it need it...



After sitting up for a few years, the thermostat seems to be sticking a bit. I put a flush kit on the system and began the back flush. Total fun...

So I got this old 289's water all cleaned out, but I think I am going to change the thermostat anyways...

Of course, I still have that vacuum problem, so idling works well, but the vacuum advance isn't worth a POOP! Dewey and I have deemed the engine's name as twentybucks...

So here is ole' twentybucks purring at idle as I am running the flush through the system.


So, for next week... we are planning on making some real progress. Gonna change that Vacuum Advance, thermostat, and set the timing correctly...

Oh yeah, I started to polish a little on that dull old paint job... I think it is true... you can polish a turd... LOL  Will probably finish that up before this week is out...


Weekend two... Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment